July 20, 2009
Monday Crazy Questions-Helter Skelter Edition
1.what is one thing that will put a great big ole smile on your face?
My Kids, Diesel cocking his head to one side with his ears up and that confused look on his face, my nieces and nephews and my special someone
2.Your walking down the street toward a very familiar face. As you get closer you realize you do not remember this persons name at all. Do you speak with the chance that they'll want to stop and chat or do you pretend that you don't see the person?
LOL, this happened just the other day. I pretended not to see them. When I got home, I was really glad too because it finally dawned on me that it was an ex boyfriend from high school. He'd have been unhappy that I didn't even remember his name.
3. Are you the Rock or the sponge of your household?
The rock I suppose. I'm the only parent so not much chance I get to be the sponge.
4. You have gone over to a friends for dinner. You look down at your plate and notice a great big ole hair hanging out from inside your sandwich. What do you do. ?
I make sure it's not mine first so I don't embarrass anyone needlessly, if it's not then I either try to sneak bites to the dog tile the sandwich is gone or I mention that I just suddenly am not feeling as hungry as I thought.
5. If you HAD to name one....who would you say is your role model?
Hmmmmm, I truly don't have ONE. I take strength from my Grandma who did whatever she had to do to get by, I take Humor from my Grandpa who knew there was something funny in almost everything life offers, I take Chance from my Mom who showed me that even a little later in life you can still do what you set your mind to and succeed, I take Kindness from my other Grandma who would rather do almost anything than say an unkind word about someone else, and I take Honor from my Dad, he's literally the most honest and forthright person I know.
6. Have you raised children? if so do you think your parenting skills were top notch or could have used a little help from Dr Phil?
In all honesty, I made lots of mistakes when my kids were young. I had no clue what I was doing and without the help of my sisters and my Mom and Dad I don't know what I'd have done. I definitely could have used Dr. Phil back then, but I find that I'm very lucky that despite some of the mistakes, I did teach my kids to love, be kind, be honest, to work for what they want and to smile often. I can live with that.
7. would your -(Past or present)- mate/spouse, significant other/whatever -say that living with you has been like a gentle breeze or more like a hurricane?
LOL, well we don't live together, but he'd likely say I was pretty close to a Category 2 or maybe even a 3 hurricane. I'm always up to something and thank goodness he seems not to mind it at all.
8. When you shop at the grocery store, do you always shop exactly by a list or just go helter skelter and hope that you get home with most of what you need?
Definitely Helter Skelter. I almost never have a list. That'd be like "organized" or something and would blow my whole rep. Can't have that.